When you have a clear vision for your life, you can move forward with purpose, and wake up each day excited to take on the tasks at hand.
Ready? Let’s get started!
Goal-planning: move forward with confidence
If you feel like you are wandering through each day, not sure why you’re doing what you’re doing, you don’t have to feel that way! With a little thought, prayer, reflection, patience, and determination, you can establish a clear plan to move forward with confidence.
Before being able to create a clear plan, there are a few things you’ll need. You’ll need to know your direction, define your long- and short-term goals, and then have a daily plan to accomplish those goals.
Who are you?
- What did you enjoy doing as a kid?
- Which activities did you spend hours on?
- What classes or activities did you excel at?
- What did your parents and teachers say about you?
- Do you remember your dreams of growing up?
- What did you hope your life would look like?
Though it may seem silly, your elementary self can give you a lot of insight into who you are. Are you already starting to see the links between what made you tick as a kid and what gets you excited even now?
What parts of life do you most enjoy now?
- What are the top things or experiences you have enjoyed throughout your life?
- Can you describe what makes you feel alive and like time doesn’t exist?
- What do you enjoy doing now?
- What are your favorite parts of the day, week, month, and year?
- Who is your favorite book or movie character and why? (Your heroes reveal a lot about who you are.)
Though it may seem simple, oftentimes taking a good look at your life can give you eye-opening insight into your interests and passions. You may not have even noticed connections that are now becoming clearer. Now that you have a better idea of your top interests, you can start planning for the future, and soon be on to crushing your goals.
Join us next time as we dive into goal-planning and your vision for life!
Don’t miss our next post, where we’ll talk about creating a vision for your life and goal-planning to reach that vision.